What are Cookies?
Types of Cookies
First-party Cookies: First-party Cookies are those set by the Site itself upon you visiting it (e.g. Cookies placed by CyberRatings.org).
Third-party Cookies: Third-party Cookies are Cookies that are set by a domain other than that of the Site. If you visit the Site and another entity sets a cookie through the Site, this would be a third-party cookie.
Session Cookies: Cookies created and active during a browser session. A browser session starts when you open the browser window and finish when you close the browser window. Session Cookies are created temporarily. Once you close the browser, all session Cookies are deleted.
Persistent Cookies: Cookies that remain on your computer or mobile device until you delete them manually or until they expire.
What Cookies does CyberRatings use?
1. Essential Cookies – Some Cookies are essential for the operation of the Site. For example, some Cookies allow us to identify registered users and ensure they can access their user accounts. Without these Cookies, those services cannot be provided. Most of the essential Cookies used for this Site are session Cookies.
2. Performance Cookies – CyberRatings.org utilizes performance Cookies to collect information about how you use our Site – e.g. which pages you visit and if you experience any errors. These Cookies do not collect any information that could identify you. All information these Cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous and is only used to help us improve how our Site works, understand your interests and measure how effective our content is. The performance Cookies used on this Site are either session or persistent Cookies.
3. Functionality Cookies – CyberRatings.org uses functionality Cookies to allow us to remember your preferences and provide enhanced, more personal features. For example, Cookies save you the trouble of typing in your username every time you access your user account.
4. Third Party Cookies – CyberRatings.org uses Google Analytics to help monitor the Site traffic (i.e. number of visitors, the pages they visit, and the length of time spent on the Site). We may also use third party Cookies to help us with market research, revenue tracking, improving site functionality and provide support assistance on the Site. You are free to adjust your browser settings to block the use of third-party Cookies. This may have an effect on the functionality of the Site or parts thereof. For more information on the applicable policies for the use of the third-party Cookies, please visit: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/
By continuing to use this Site, you are agreeing to CyberRatings.org placing Cookies on your computer or mobile device as set forth in this policy. If you do not wish to accept Cookies in connection with your use of this Site, you must stop using the Site.
Withdraw your consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time by deleting the Cookies using your internet browser settings. For further information about deleting or blocking Cookies, please refer to the relevant section on deleting and blocking Cookies described in this policy.
How to delete and block our Cookies
Adjusting Browser Settings
Depending on your browser, further information may be obtained via the following links:
Web Beacons and Analytics Services
Our Site may contain electronic images known as web beacons (or single-pixel gifs) that we use to help deliver Cookies on our Site, count users who have visited the Site, and deliver content and advertising. We also include web beacons in our promotional email messages and newsletters to determine whether you open and act on them.
For Cookies that track activity in connection with targeted advertising, you can opt-out:
- EU Users: A guide for EU users on behavioral advertising and online privacy has been produced by the internet advertising industry which can be found at: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/
If you have any further queries regarding this policy, please use the Contact Us form on this website.